This is a place where people are supported and celebrated — where they invest in each other."
The foundation of the seminary is its people, the heart and soul of what goes onNortheastern is a safe place to come and be who you are — the people were actually being the face of Jesus."
This is a place where we began to realize that we need to take off our sandals."
Quality academic support is often central to ensuring that all students reach their educational goals. The Roberts Wesleyan College Learning Center provides a variety of services for all students including one-on-one assistance, peer tutoring, and access to resource materials. Any student who desires assistance is eligible to utilize these services designed to meet his/her specific academic needs.
In addition, the Learning Center assists students who have documented disabilities with appropriate services and accommodations.
The Learning Center also provides special support for students who live outside the Rochester area or are unable to schedule traditional tutoring sessions. Students may email their papers to TLC@roberts.edu and receive feedback within 24-48 hours or set up a phone session for paper review. Students should note that tutors do not edit papers, but they provide writing tips and suggestions.
Northeastern Seminary strives to provide appropriate services and accommodations to students with disabilities based on individual needs. In partnership with the Roberts Wesleyan College Learning center, students requesting services are asked to complete documentation of a disability and provide to the coordinator of services for students with disabilities.
For more information and to access the Disabilities Handbook click here.
Northeastern Seminary partners with the Roberts Wesleyan College Career Development office to offer various tools and resources to seminary students.
These services include:
- Customized job postings site
- Placement file requests
- Interview and resume resources
- Individual career advisement
Learn more about these services on the Roberts Wesleyan College Career Development page.
The career development office is located on the lower level of Rinker Community Service Center in the student development suite.
All current and incoming Northeastern Seminary students now have access to TimelyCare, a telehealth program that is available 24/7 (including over school breaks and between semesters), from anywhere in the US.
What services are available?
- Medical: 24/7, on-demand access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies, and more
- Scheduled Medical: scheduled options to speak to a medical provider
- TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
- Scheduled Counseling: scheduled options to speak to a licensed counselor (up to 12 visits per year)
- Health Coaching: access to a nutritional specialist to help students adopt healthier lifestyle behaviors related to sleep issues, weight management, and more
- Psychiatry: services provided with campus referral
- Group Sessions: Weekly Guided Meditation and Yoga Group Sessions, plus specialized discussions throughout the year;
To access services:
- Visit timelycare.com/roberts to register with your preferred name and .edu email address. You can have visits from any web-enabled device – smartphone, laptop, or desktop OR download the TimelyCare app on your smartphone
Northeastern Seminary is located on the campus of Roberts Wesleyan College and is served by the Roberts Campus Safety office.
Visit the campus safety website for emergency information, vehicle parking and permits, ID card replacement, resources, Clery Report, and Title IX: Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Discrimination compliance policy, and committee.
The Health Center is located on the Roberts Wesleyan College campus on the second floor of the Voller Athletic Center. The Center receives and houses immunization and health records for all Seminary students. Students must submit immunization documents before the first class session. Learn more when you visit the Roberts Health Center webpage. Find the latest COVIID-19 policy here.
Voller Athletic Center Ste 231
Monday- Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.