- Make a schedule for the semester and stick to it
- Set aside time to spend with the Lord
- Exercise. Eat well. Get plenty of rest.
- For every course, plan to spend 8-10 hours on it each week. If you can, try to find blocks of 3-4 hours at a time to devote to coursework and block those hours out on your calendar every week
- Make time for family and friends
Online at Northeastern Seminary
At Northeastern Seminary, your calling is the core of your education. Right where you are, you can fully realize your place in God's ongoing work of restoring wholeness to the world. Be transformed by the conversations that consider what it is to be faithful in our own time.
Find the online classes or degree you need to fulfill your purpose.
You will deepen your understanding of Scripture and connect it with your God-given passion to serve your community as you prepare to embody your calling as a faithful teacher, missional pastor, or community advocate through online experiences that are Biblically-based, expertly taught, holistically supported, and designed to fit your life and ministry.
Ready for a glimpse into life as an online student at Northeastern Seminary?
Watch as Janice Lum walks you through her virtual campus to engage in discussions with her professor and classmates, submit assignments, and grow in her faith and understanding.
Online classes allow Janice to continue her seminary education while accomplishing her responsibilities as a pastor and as a homeschooling mother of three.
What Does Online Education Look Like?
Your online education will look similar to what you expect from a college learning experience, but there are some distinctions:
- Instead of regular, in-class sessions, you will follow a weekly rhythm of reading, video content, and online discussions to enhance your learning experience.
- Real-time video conferencing allows you to interact with faculty and classmates.
Like a traditional classroom model, you will find opportunities to develop spiritual formation disciplines embedded within each course.
Request More Information
Customized Field Education
Flexible Course Load
What does it take?
If you have questions about becoming an online student and how it will change your day-to-day life, you can begin to prepare your schedule to make space for online coursework. Taking this step at this time will help you achieve long-term success in your desired online program.
Of course, the best way to learn more about online learning at Northeastern Seminary is to request more information, register for an online or in-person visit experience, or contact an Admissions representative.
Prepare to Become an Online Student
- Some students raise support funds for their seminary experience. Others take out reasonable loans. Some churches offer support for students attending seminary. Think creatively, ask around, and start planning while trusting that God will provide.
- Are there parts of the Bible you haven’t read recently? Start there. Read with prayer and intention.
- Refresh your writing skills. As a student, you have access to the research and editing support services available from the Learning Center in the Golisano Library.