Online at Northeastern Seminary
At Northeastern Seminary, your calling is the core of your education. Right where you are, you can fully realize your place in God's ongoing work of restoring wholeness to the world. Be transformed by the conversations that consider what it is to be faithful in our own time.
Find the online classes or degree you need to fulfill your purpose.
You will deepen your understanding of Scripture and connect it with your God-given passion to serve your community as you prepare to embody your calling as a faithful teacher, missional pastor, or community advocate through online experiences that are Biblically-based, expertly taught, holistically supported, and designed to fit your life and ministry.
What is online Seminary?
What Does Online Education Look Like?
Request More Information
Your online education will look similar to what you expect from a college learning experience, but there are some distinctions:
- Instead of regular, in-class sessions, you will follow a weekly rhythm of reading, video content, and online discussions to enhance your learning experience.
- Real-time video conferencing allows you to interact with faculty and classmates.
Like a traditional classroom model, you will find opportunities to develop spiritual formation disciplines embedded within each course.
What is online Seminary?
Experience what online seminary is like at Northeastern Seminary by registering for this free, one-hour webinar.
Customized Field Education
Flexible Course Load
Ready for a glimpse into life as an online student at Northeastern Seminary?
Watch as Janice Lum '04 walks you through her virtual campus to engage in discussions with her professor and classmates, submit assignments, and grow in her faith and understanding.
Online classes allow Janice to continue her seminary education while accomplishing her responsibilities as a pastor and as a homeschooling mother of three.
Prepare to Fulfill Your Purpose
Earn a Certificate
Earn a Master's Degree
Already have your Master's?
Northeastern Seminary isn’t just a school it’s a family, it’s a community, and it’s full of people who take their time to get to know who you are. They care about you and they have compassion for you. It has been an enriching experience and has totally transformed my life.
-Andrea Stewart, Transformational Leadership '19
Assistant Professor of Church and Mission
Professor Brown joined the Seminary in 2017 as the Executive Director of Administration and an assistant professor teaching in the area of Christian education and ministry. Before coming to Northeastern, Kristen was a pastor in Kansas City and helped to launch online programs at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL. Read more...
How It Works
Recognize Your Calling
Find Classes or a Program
Complete the Free Application
What does it take?
If you have questions about becoming an online student and how it will change your day-to-day life, you can prepare your schedule to make space for online coursework. Taking this step now will help you achieve long-term success in your desired online program.
Of course, the best way to learn more about online learning at Northeastern Seminary is to request more information or register for an online or in-person visit experience.
Prepare to Become an Online Student
Plan Your Week
- Make a schedule for the semester and stick to it
- Set aside time to spend with the Lord
- Exercise. Eat well. Get plenty of rest.
- For every course, plan to spend 8-10 hours on it each week. If you can, try to find blocks of 3-4 hours at a time to devote to coursework and block those hours out on your calendar every week
- Make time for family and friends
Think Creatively About Finances
- Some students raise support funds for their seminary experience. Others take out reasonable loans. Some churches offer support for students attending seminary. Think creatively, ask around, and start planning while trusting that God will provide.
- Apply for Seminary scholarships. It’s free to apply.
Class Space is Limited
So don't delay in completing your free online application to Northeastern Seminary.
Tools for Success
You will find support to achieve your vocational and academic goals throughout your Seminary journey.
Sometimes a conversation can be refreshing. Tell your admissions representative where you are being called to ministry or what ways you are experiencing a deeper need for understanding.