Become an effective agent of God's creative and redemptive work when you earn your Master's Degree completely online or by attending evening classes in Rochester, NY at Northeastern Seminary.
Master Degree Programs
Develop new skills to complement your gifts and ministry with a graduate-level certificate.
If you're interested in pursuing doctoral studies, consider the Doctor of Ministry program.
Rooted in biblical and historic Christian faith, Northeastern Seminary prepares Christ-centered women and men for faithful, effective service to the church and the world.
Stackable Curriculum Designed For Formational Education
Develop the skills and training you need with the flexibility of selecting the courses that best fit your calling with Northeastern Seminary's stackable curriculum. Choose the courses that fit your ministry, online or onsite in Rochester, NY, to earn a graduate certificate within one year. Continue adding courses to earn a Master of Arts degree after two years, or a Master of Divinity after the third year.*
Certificate in Scripture, Theology, and Ministry
Master of Arts
Master of Divinity
*Assumes a full-time course load of 9 credits/semester, possibly including summer sessions. Federal financial aid is not available for students pursuing a graduate-level certificate. Students wishing to retain their M.A. and earn an M.Div. must complete additional course work that will most likely exceed the three-year assumption. Contact admissions for more details.
"One of the benefits of Northeastern Seminary is being able to connect with classmates from different geographical locations, but our heart beats for the same mission. Although we are in different denominations and different walks of life and different contexts of ministry, we all share a common heart to see our communities revived in Christ." ~Jonathan Belschwinder, M.Div. ’18
What is online Seminary?
Experience what online seminary is like at Northeastern Seminary by watching this free, half-hour webinar.
Foundation in the Great Conversation
The Master's programs at Northeastern Seminary are built on the foundation of courses that explore the great, ongoing conversation about what it looks like for each person to take up their place in God's ongoing work of restoring wholeness to the world.
Together we consider:
- Being Christian | What it means to be Christian, especially in religiously plural contexts.
- Being Church | The nature of God’s restorative grace in human life and the church as the people of God.
- Being Human | What God's revelation in Jesus teaches us about being human persons.
- Being in the Story | The story of God from creation to new creation and God’s intentions for the world.
- Being in the Word | The Bible as God’s revelation; what God is communicating, how God communicates it, and how Scripture continues to speak today.
- Being Mission | Theology and mission in a diverse, global context.
Get more information about Northeastern Seminary's programs.
Upcoming Class Starts
- Monday, August 24, 2020 | Fall Session
- Monday, January 18, 2021 | Spring Session
- Monday, May 24, 2021 | Summer Session
What Students Say
Sometimes a conversation can be refreshing. Do you have questions or would you like more information about Northeastern's programs? Tell your admissions representative about your calling or what ways you are experiencing a deeper need for understanding.