We are pleased that you are considering Northeastern Seminary and are confident that you can gain a great deal from studying in this environment rich in diversity. As an international student, you will be part of that distinctive as all students contribute greatly to the seminary community by sharing experiences and cultures with other students.
Applying to Northeastern Seminary as an international student involves the following steps:
- Complete the application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official academic transcripts including:
International students for whom English is not the first language are required to demonstrate English language proficiency by one of the following:
- Evidence of degrees and courses completed and grades earned baccalaureate level programs
- Students transferring from another university must provide evidence of courses or subjects completed, grades earned, and duration of each course during university study
- These transcripts must be in English. In some cases transcripts from countries other than the US will need to be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
- Minimum TOEFL score of 79
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.5
- Have scores sent electronically to Northeastern Seminary—scores must be received before a student will be considered for admission
*All documents must be in English
International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) - Admitted students will receive an ISFS along with their acceptance letter—the document identifies how a student will pay for her or his education. It does not need to be filled out before admission. The ISFS must be completed and returned to the Office of Admissions in order to receive an I-20.
I-20 - Following acceptance into the program and receipt and approval of the International Student Financial Statement, students work directly with an International Student Coordinator to begin the application process for an I-20. The I-20 application stands for "Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status for Academic and Language Students." This is filled out by Northeastern Seminary and will require a signature by the student. Any fees associated with the I-20 are to be paid by the student.
Visa -Following completion of the signed I-20 document, the student must apply for their visa. Students are responsible for applying for and receiving a visa. If they do not receive a visa, they will not be allowed to enter the country. The visa allows them to enter; the I-20 allows them to stay. Any fees associated with the visa are to be paid by the student.
Additional Resources for International Students
For additional information, please contact the office of admissions at Admissions@nes.edu.