2020 A Year of Challenge
A global pandemic, a persistent global pandemic, ongoing racial injustice, community polarization
Yet we see in our students innovation, resilience, and growth!
Despite the challenges around us Northeastern Seminary continues to equip, empower, and deploy effective spiritual leaders
During this season that seeks to divide us, we are stronger together!
Women and men, black and white, donors and students
We are stronger together because a cord of three strands is not easily broken!
We are Stronger Together!
WHAT IS HAPPENING AT NORTHEASTERN SEMINARY?
We are accomplishing our mission to train Christ-centered people of different ages, ethnicities, and denominations through theological understanding, spiritual formation, and proven skills necessary for effective ministry to the church and the world.
THROUGH FULLY ONLINE PROGRAMS
The Seminary continues to grow through fully online programs.
- Nearly half of our students are fully online
- Our students spread all across this country and into Canada
- Missed zero days of class days moving from onsite to online during the pandemic
THROUGH FREE MINI CLASSES
We began a series of Mini Classes that were FREE four week online classes designed to nurture your soul with corporate and personal spiritual formation practices and uncover tools to fulfill your call to ministry and leadership.
Watch as Professors David Carr and Carrie Starr explain the courses in this brief video.
In addition, 2019-2020:
- Northeastern Seminary tied its record for the largest number of entering students in the fall and more than doubled the number of fully online students.
- Launched a new, flexible Master's degree in Ministry Practice.
- Established five new scholarships for Seminary students.
- Held an online event with the Barna Group to speak on the state of the church and the Christian faith, with a focus on trends in New York and the northeast.