Your gift to the Northeastern Fund provides Seminary students with needed scholarships and budgetary support, making a Seminary education accessible to current and future students.
Over 30 denominations and faith traditions are represented among Northeastern’s students. We are continually grateful for this diversity and celebrate the distinctions of faithful believers. The seminary experience is truly enriched when multiple voices can foster greater understanding—preparing students to minister in an increasingly diverse culture.
The following Denominational Scholarships are currently set up to receive support and be awarded to students who are in that same tradition:
- African Methodist Episcopal (AME)
- African Methodist Episcopal Zion (AME Zion)
- Assemblies of God (AoG)
- Church of God in Christ (COGIC)
- Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA)
- Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME)
- Elim Christian Fellowship
- Free Methodist (FM)
- Presbyterian (PCUSA)
- United Methodist (UM)
Distinction Scholarships recognize two qualities that permeate our vision for the theological education offered at Northeastern Seminary:
- Accentuate Relevance Scholarship - Describes the Seminary’s unwavering commitment to biblical and historic Christianity and our unshakeable resolve to respond to the actual contemporary needs of the church and world. Awarded to seminarians who are pursuing a fresh view of ministry in the 21st century and are attentive to the multiplicity of ministry contexts in today’s world.
- Embody Diversity Scholarship - The Seminary is a community of learners committed to increasingly reflecting the global breadth of Christ’s kingdom in racial, ethnic, gender, and ecclesial diversity. Awarded to seminarians who are pursuing experiential and cross-cultural learning opportunities including global and multi-ethnic ministry contexts.
Keeping tuition costs and Seminary accessible to all who are called means maintaining responsible program budgets and keeping operational expenses low. You can support academic programs, departmental budgets, faculty, and more by designating your gift to one of the Seminary's five programs.
- The Master of Divinity Fund
- The M.A. in Transformational Leadership Fund
- The M.A. Theological Studies Fund
- The M.A. in Theology and Social Justice Fund
- The Doctor of Ministry Fund