Admissions Requirements

Students applying to one of Northeastern Seminary's Doctor of Ministry program must meet the following admissions qualifications to be eligible.

Educational Experience 

Earned Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree from an accredited seminary, college or university with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applicants with a non-seminary Master's or Doctoral degree may have as few as six classes to complete before beginning the D.Min. program. View the D.Min. leveling expectations to learn more. 


Ministry Experience

Applicants should have (at minimum) the equivalent of 3 years of full-time ministry experience. If an applicant has had significant years of lay leadership, part-time time ministry work or bi-vocational ministry assignments, they may fulfill the ministry experience requirement. If you have questions about whether your ministry experience satisfies the requirement, you may email your resume to for a ministry experience assessment. An evaluation can be made to determine if your experience satisfies the ministry requirement. 

Fall Application Deadline - September 1 | Spring Application Deadline - March 1


Additional Requirements

Provisional Admission

For applicants without a completed M.A. or M.Div. from a seminary, additional master’s level course work needs to be completed before starting the D.Min. program. Once the student has completed the necessary leveling course work, they will be granted regular admission.  

Non-Matriculated Admission

For non-degree, post-M.A. or M.Div. persons, who are not matriculating at Northeastern Seminary or pursuing a D.Min. degree

  • Meet regular admission requirements and complete visiting student application process
  • Normally reserved for students seeking elective course work for another D.Min. program or for personal growth after completing the D.Min. degree
  • Individual courses are open on a space-available basis
  • It is possible for a person who has taken D.Min. courses as a non-matriculated student to petition to move into full D.Min. student status—additional coursework may be required in some cases