Conference on Ministry
The Liberating Cross—In the Hands of a Loving God
God’s wrath or God’s love—and our perspective
- Is seeing God primarily as wrathful toward sinners true or biblical?
- Is fearing God a normal and expected behavior?
- Where might the natural implications of this theological framework lead us?
Mesmerizing and potentially terrifying questions that lead to the cross of Jesus.
Brian Zahnd is founder and lead pastor of Word of Life Church in St. Joseph, Missouri. Zahnd is an acclaimed thought leader and author of many titles including:
Sinners in the Hands of a Loving God
Water to Wine
A Farewell To Mars
Beauty Will Save the World
- 8:30 a.m. | Registration & Continental Breakfast (included with ticket)
- 9:00 | Session 1: The Crucified God The centrality of the cross in Christian faith
- 10:30 | Break
- 10:50 | Session 2: No More Monster God A critique of crucifixion understood as the wrath of God
- 12:00 p.m. | Lunch (included with ticket)
- 1:15 | Session 3: How Did Jesus Understand His Death? The three accomplishments of the cross as set forth by Jesus in John 12
- 2:30 | Break
- 2:50 | Session 4: Lamb of God (The Last Scapegoat) Viewing the cross through the important lens of René Girard
- 4:00 | Closing and Departure
For questions regarding this event contact Maria Gilluly at Gilluly_Maria@roberts.edu or 585.594.6420.