Dr. Deana L. Porterfield, President
Dr. Deana L. Porterfield became the 11th President of Roberts Wesleyan College and the third President of Northeastern Seminary on July 1, 2014.
What a joy to be serving as president of Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary! B.T. and Ellen Roberts founded Chili Seminary over 150 years ago, envisioning a school that would educate women and men of character, based on the principles and teaching of the Christian Scriptures. The enduring influence of their faith, and their attention to serving the needs of others, is the foundation of all we do and has impacted thousands of women and men since 1866. I love to hear the stories of campus life, as experienced by our alumni years ago, but even more, I am energized by today’s students who have found here on this campus opportunity for personal growth, rigorous academic challenge and opportunities for service – students who learn to connect their head to their heart and engage their hands. Together we are committed to continuing the vision of our founders for transformational education.
- Dr. Deana L. Porterfield, President
BIOGRAPHY OF DR. PORTERFIELD
Dr. Deana L. Porterfield is the 11th President of Roberts Wesleyan College and the third President of Northeastern Seminary. She is a visionary leader with a passion for faith-based higher education which promotes transformational learning and hope.
An involved leader within the community, Dr. Porterfield serves on a number of boards and has been recognized with numerous awards for community and organizational leadership excellence.
President Porterfield earned a doctorate in organizational leadership from the University of La Verne in La Verne, CA. She also holds a master's degree in organizational management and a bachelor's degree in music from Azusa Pacific University in Azusa, CA.
Porterfield lives in Rochester, NY with her husband Doug. They have two married daughters and three grandchildren.
Career in Brief
- 1988: B.A., Music Education, Azusa Pacific University
- 1996: M.A., Organizational Management, Azusa Pacific University
- 2003 – 2009: Vice President for Enrollment Management, Azusa Pacific University
- 2008 – 2009: Chief of Staff, Azusa Pacific University
- 2009 – 2012: Senior Vice President for People and Organizational Development, Azusa Pacific University
- 2012 – 2014: Executive Vice President, Azusa Pacific Online University
- 2013: Ed.D, Organizational Leadership, University of La Verne
- 2014: President, Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary