M.A. in Transformational Leadership
Lead with a biblical vision of gracious Christianity.
Choose from online and onsite course models.
The M.A. in Transformational Leadership is a 52-credit program, designed to equip Christian leaders in a variety of contexts for faithful, effective ministry to the church and the world. Built upon the foundation of a deep, sustained engagement with biblical and historic Christian thought, the program prepares leaders who are not merely pragmatists, but rather thoughtful, reflective practitioners of leadership that is truly Christian.
Students will understand that character is the indispensable foundation of effective Christian leadership and will learn to make their own personal and spiritual formation a priority of their leadership. In addition to significant study of Scripture, theology, and spiritual formation, students will apply models and principles for leadership that are truly transformational.
Take a transformative approach to your ministry.
- Fully online or hybrid program options
- Two-year track
- Flexible course load
- Scholarships available
- Diverse learning community
Culturally Relevant Courses
- Provide effective leadership within an organizational context and understand the essential role of personal and spiritual formation in the life and work of a transforming leader
- Demonstrate an understanding of the social and ethical demands of leadership and formulate a life-long plan for balanced personal and professional growth
- Develop a philosophy of leadership grounded in well-developed biblical, theological, and leadership realities
- Enhance your potential by applying transformational principles to the practice of leadership within the context of your vocation
- Interpret the rapidly changing culture, and design and implement strategic initiatives to meet today's challenges
David Hertweck '15
District Youth and Chi Alpha Director, New York State Assemblies of God
Priscilla Ozodo '14
Resident Director, Eastern Nazarene College
Ministry Coordinator, New Life Ministries
integrate vocation and ministry, historical and cultural context, theological issues and contributions, interpretation and use of scripture, and application to contemporary culture in each historic period
transformative faith sharing groups, retreats, and chapels
FIELD EDUCATION EXPERIENCES
sharpen your sense of call and hone ministry skills
accredited online degree program
RICHNESS OF DIVERSITY
multi-denominational, multi-ethnic, inter-generational, and a variety of professional backgrounds shape the learning environment
What makes the Northeastern Seminary online learning experience distinct?
- No on-campus residences or travel required
- Work at times that are convenient for you
- Customized interactive learning environment
- Technology and learning support at your fingertips
- Opportunities for authentic engagement with faculty and classmates
- Regular rhythm of community time
Where will theologically-reflective, spiritually-formed, and professionally-competent leadership take you? Please call our admissions team with any questions about the M.A. in Transformational Leadership program or application process.
|Admissions Liaison and Retention Coordinator|
Click for more information
|Admissions Assistant and Front End Specialist|
Click for more information